Saturday, October 17, 2015

Elderberry

I realized more and more that my gardens are greatly influenced by childhood imagination, feed by the books I read. My heroes eating the delicate Elderberry flowers and berries while lost in the forest. Given a treat of Elderberry cordials when they were good. Taste unknown but imagined, this is my second attempt to grow Elderberry. 
June 20, 2015


June 20, 2015
I been reading up on the Elderberry. It has been used as a traditional remedy in many parts of the world. It is a great antioxidant, great for cough and cold and many other benefits that are still being verified. It is also a desired culinary ingredient. There is a Elderflower fritter recipe I want to try. 
The flowers remind me of Queen Anne Lace but more beautiful. First there is a snowcap of little pearls. The burst open to individual flowers.


July 12, 2015

Needless to say... I did  not try the Elderflower Fritter. My excuse? I wanted to have those Elderberry  to form. Since this is the first year, I wanted to go through the full plant cycle of the plant. I can experiment next year with the flowers and berries.

September 19, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment