Thursday, June 18, 2015

Making the trip


June 18, 2015

I am way behind on my blog posts....
In the midst of the chaos I call life, BH and I have surely but slowly been moving our stuff from the San Diego house to the Temecula house. Now that it is summer it is only natural that we turned our attention to the garden; looking at what plants we could bring with us.


Without a single doubt, we were taking our Kaffir Lime and the Calamansi Lime. It proved to be quite a feat as the trees have been in the pots for quite a few years. In addition to that, I had  been neglecting the plants for the past year or so. The landscapers had repeatedly knocked off the irrigation emitters from the pot. Often, I don't notice until weeks later during my infrequent visit to the garden. As a result, the trees were stressed  and the roots were crazily entwine within the pot, seeking out every bit of water.




In any case, we bagged the trees; root ball and all, to make it easier to transport the plants.

The trees made the journey together with those seedlings I had sprouted made their journey to Temecula.

I was so excited to transplant the seedlings into the planters.

No comments:

Post a Comment