Sunday, June 21, 2015

It is Planting Time!!

June 21, 2015

Now that the planter beds have been renewed, I was excited to transplant the seedlings that we had brought over from San Diego. I installed drip irrigation and planted Choy Sum and Swiss Chard in one bed.



I set aside the second planter box for Asian herbs. Pandan was the first herb I planted. This was a tissue culture plant that I bought. I managed to get some small roots of the Thai Krachai ginger. You see the pandan in the background and the tiny shoot of the Krachai in the foreground.I am hoping to create a microclimate for these herbs to thrive.
We put in new soil in the planter from which we dug up the Pomegranate plants that we transplanted a few weeks ago. Redid the drip irrigation and planted some of the tomatoes seedlings I started.



I also planted some tomatoes in the other two planter beds. These beds had onions growing in them. These onions were self seeded from last years onions. Apparently, onions are good companion plants for tomatoes. I thought I would give this a try.


Very excited to be planting Phoona Kheera cucumber- the "Old Cucumber" or Loh Wong Kuah I grew up eating. Delicious boiled in soup. I decided once again to grow the prolific Armenian cucumber. I have been using many cucumbers for juicing.

Droplets of water catching at the edge of the cucumber leaves like pearls.

















No comments:

Post a Comment