Friday, March 6, 2015

Haircut for Lemongrass bush

March 6, 2015

Time to cut my lemongrass bushes again. They grow very quickly during the hot months in Temecula. I normally cut it 2-3 times a year. I grow more than I could use but I just love the rounded shape of the lemongrass bush. The blades of the lemongrass turns red during cold spells. As you can see, this is a monster of a bush. I have two lemongrass bushes.

I have to wear long sleeve shirt to do the trimming or I would be covered with numerous cuts from the sharp blades of the lemongrass. I use a large clipper to cut the bush. What do you think? I think I did a decent job of being a hairdresser to the lemongrass bush.

I have been thinking of planting more bushes of the lemongrass. Maybe using them as architecture focal point, along a path or as a divider. My husband think that the lemongrass bushes will not be able to take the cold outside of the courtyard my two bushes currently are in. Me, I am game to try as I have enough plants to experiment. I took the opportunity to harvest some stalks for cooking and others for planting.

No comments:

Post a Comment