Saturday, August 8, 2015

See how I GROW......

July 12, 2015

We went away for a mini vacation in Montreal and Vancouver. When I got back I was astounded at what greeted me!! Apparently, the Choy Sum had its own summer vacation and was "glowing". Compare the pictures from June 25 and July 12, 2015.


June 25, 2015


July 12, 2015
Right!!! Isn't it crazy?? The Choy Sum were HUGE. It had only been about 2 weeks since I transplanted them to the planter. I quickly harvested most of the plantings, leaving a few to set seed.

The Swiss Chard was lagging behind the Choy Sum. Once I harvested the Choy Sum, the Swiss Chard took off. 
August 2, 2015


August 2, 2015
The Swiss Chard was so beautiful and a credit to its name, Bright Lights. The sun shining through the leaves looked like stain glass. There was healthy helping of Swiss Chard. Looking forward to Sauted Swiss Chard





No comments:

Post a Comment