Friday, April 24, 2015

What seed am I?


April 24, 2015

Do you know what seeds this is? A tiny speck at the end of a fluffy hair like puff. Hint: it comes from a beautiful edible flower. Okay, another hint: flower is purple in color. Viola? No, a much larger bloom.


I admit, I have been pulling up the seedling wherever I find them. So many of them were growing among drifts of weeds that sprouted after the rains. The seedlings seem unnecessary as I already have an establish bed of them. Final guess??? 

My favorite- Artichokes! The beautiful purple flower dries up on the plant. The wind lift up the little puff of seeds and distributes them.

This season we were blessed by many artichoke that were blessedly free of aphids. By the time we came back from Malaysia the artichokes were not as tight blooms as I would have harvested them. However, they were still good eats. Secondary chokes were forming. 




No comments:

Post a Comment