Sunday, November 4, 2012

Temecula Half Marathon

I walked into the garden this morning, thinking that the hot air balloons would make a nice backdrop to the tomato plants I tied up to stakes yesterday. I focus my camera to frame the picture, and heard the dogs in the neighborhood going crazy and barking none stop. I hear a low drone of something......Suddenly, into the frame of my shot comes a steady stream of runners!!! Not what I was expecting this weekend.

It is the Temecula Half Marathon & 5 K -The out-and-back course for the half marathon race starts at 7:30 AM on the grounds of Mount Palomar Winery, located just off Rancho California Road in the hills that lie just to the east of Temecula. From there, the course takes runners mostly along the dirt roads that wind through the vineyards between Mount Palomar, Baily Creek Winery and Wilson Creek Winery, and then back again through the same fields on the return route back to the race finish line. It runs through right in front of our house!!

Another new thing I am learning about this new home. Nice!
























No comments:

Post a Comment