Sunday, February 12, 2012

Creating a path.......

We finally broke into the piles of slate slabs and used them to create a walking path within the wall courtyard, at the door and along the courtyard wall. We broke the slates into large pieces which we then laid like a puzzle pieces to form the path. We filled the crevices with small stones to create a stable path.










We decided to lay bigger pieces of the slate, almost whole pieces in some case, right at the entrance of the wall courtyard. It will help in keeping the dirt being tracked into the courtyard especially during rainy season. We carried the path down the side of the wall and down towards the gate of the fenced garden we are creating.

I love this picture. It reminds me of light coming through a key hole. I think the paths turn out quite nicely, don't you think so? Cannot wait to see what else we can do with these slates.


Here's a photo of the garden door, in its final shade of wood stain. I like it!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have a massive project in your hands now. Glad to see your house and garden transforming through time. Can't wait for it to be filled with greenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha... crazy is the gardener. I wish I have all the time in the world to be in the garden from dawn to dusk :) But that my friend, is not for a few more years yet. I welcome the task ahead. I too cannot wait to fill it with greenery but there is so much prep work ( and work work ) that needs to be done.....

    ReplyDelete