Thursday, March 1, 2012

Lemon, Lemon, Lemon

When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. But when life gives you LEMONS unlimited, you better think of what else to do!! The Meyer Lemon tree in both my houses are pumping out lemons like crazy. I use the lemons for lemonade, for marinade, for Greek Lemon rice soup Avegolemono and lemon infused desserts. There is still so many lemons left on the kitchen counter and still on the tree.

If only I was not so busy right now, I could be in my kitchen tinkering with delicious creations. But let me tell you something- just looking at the fruit laden lemon trees just puts a smile on me :)

Meyer Lemons galore! They are extremely juicy, flavorful and fragrant. As you can see lots of fruits of various sizes on the tree.


The tree is started flowering since early February, even as last season's fruits are ripening. The fragrance of the lemon blossoms is divine.

In the foreground of this picture, if you look carefully, you will see little green lemons already forming on the plant. So on the plant, you have last seasons ripening fruits, this season young lemons and blossoms.

While it might look like all the lemons are ready for picking, I was surprise that many of them would not easily separate from the stalk. I left those lemons on the tree. I find that citrus in general keep better on the tree than on the kitchen counter. 

Fruits on all sides of the tree, from top to bottom. Thankfully, the Meyer Lemon tree has only a few thorns. I did get pricked from the thorns, when I reached inside the center of the the tree to pick some ripe lemons.

A basketful of lemons for this week's drinks and dishes. Perfect!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so many lemons! What a productive tree. Now I have to buy them at RM 1 per lemmon.

    ReplyDelete