Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Roses to Go


The house came with rose bushes around one side of the house. They were flowering despite neglect. I have never been one for rose bushes because of the thorns and also the chemicals needed to keep them at their best. Even so, I admit to being sad that I had to remove them. Remember, our moto is if you cannot eat it you cannot grow it. Granted you can eat organic rose petals......

My Mom who was visting me was quite fond of the roses and did pleaded for their lives. She said I would be a murderer if I removed the roses!! The rose bushes needed to be drastically pruned and reshaped. I liked that the white roses were very free flowering. I loved the dusty pinky purple color rose... In the end, I decided the rose bushes were in the wrong place and my dislike of the thorns made it easier for me to stick to our moto. The roses had to go. I was not there when the rose bushes were taken out.

My husband save the dusky pink rose bush as a surprise because I mentioned how much I love the color and organic rose petals. That man listens!! :) Now we have to wait and see if it survives the move.










No comments:

Post a Comment